Introducing the Chinese Ambassador Society
In an effort to build stronger community ties, and expand relationships with prospective contributors, Burnaby Hospital Foundation is proud to announce the formation of a Chinese Ambassador Society.
The Society, with an initial membership comprised of local business and community leaders, has been mandated to work collaboratively with the Chinese community in promoting local events, and inspiring better engagement with Burnaby Hospital Foundation and hospital staff to ensure health care needs are being met for everyone in Burnaby Hospital’s catchment areas.
“This is an exciting time, and a tremendous opportunity for Burnaby Hospital Foundation,” said Chief Executive Officer, Kristy James. “Well over a quarter of Burnaby’s population speaks a Chinese language as their mother tongue, and it’s important that these families and individuals are involved with their community hospital. Not only do we want to learn more about potential donor interests and priorities, but a big part of the committee’s work will also be identifying opportunities for the Foundation to support local Chinese events and celebrations.”
Already the committee has plans to be active in a number of upcoming events throughout the year, including the Melody of Love at the Shadbolt Centre (June), the Chinese Cultural Heritage Festival at Swangard Stadium (July), a Family Ball (January), and a Burnaby Chinese New Year Gala (February).
Fittingly, announcement of the Chinese Ambassador Society comes as Burnaby Hospital Foundation has launched a refreshed brand look, and borrows on many of the same themes.
“Our new brand is our way of symbolizing the forward-thinking innovations that our Foundation brings to this community to create a huge impact on healthy lives for you and your family, friends and neighbours,” said James. “The colours represent the diversity of our patients, and the intersection of the lines show how we all come together to support one another and move forward as a group.”
Full list of Chinese Ambassador Society members:
- Angela Zheng, Branch Manager, Burnaby Main Branch, Scotiabank
- Chris Dong, Director of Burnaby General Association of Chinese Community
- George Zhang, Director of Canadian Community Service Association
- Henry Zhang, Chair of CAS, Executive Director of Lahoo.ca
- James Wang, City Councillor of Burnaby
- Leaf Alifu, Easyweb Studio, Web design Specialist
- Lucy Zheng, President of Burnaby General Association of Chinese Community
- Tracy Wang, Marketing Director, Fungo Holiday
- Kristy James, CEO, Burnaby Hospital Foundation (staff)
- Claire Wang, Director of Finance and Operations, Burnaby Hospital Foundation (staff)