Accepting applications now!
How to apply:
1. Download the application form HERE
2. Submit completed application to [email protected]
3. $200 membership fee payable upon confirmation of acceptance
Extended Application deadline: April 22, 2019
Be part of the next generation of community leaders, while building real world skills and learning about health care at Burnaby Hospital.
The Youth Ambassador Society (YAS) is an eight month program offered to a limited number of kids and teens, aged 10 – 16.
Offered through Burnaby Hospital Foundation, in partnership with its Chinese Ambassador Society, participants will achieve personal growth through workshops, volunteering, fundraising, and building communications skills.
- Develop skills to become a future leader and advocate
- Learn public speaking skills, fundraising tools, and all about the medical profession
- Meet Burnaby Hospital medical staff
- Give back to the hospital and the community
- Receive a Letter of Achievement
- Receive tracked volunteer hours
- Tax receipts for donations in support of fundraising efforts
- Attend the Award and Recognition reception
- Awards for the top 3 program fundraisers
- Award for the speech contest winner
- Youth Ambassador Award and exclusive Gala Invite for the top program fundraiser
- Youth Ambassador Society members are asked to attend all workshops and a minimum of two volunteer opportunities.
Program Schedule (please see brochure):
Stay tuned for more information about the next destination on the BHF Gala Passport!
NOVEMBER 15, 2019